Monday, April 8, 2013

Product Review: NIKON COOLPIX AW100


Bought my new camera since the old one is at the bottom of West Creek. If you find it its a blue Fujifilm. Anyway the Coolpix AW100 is freakin awesome!!! I got it for $199.99 on sale, so the price wasn't to bad. First off here are some of the specs:

  • Water-proof, Shock-proof, Freeze-proof: ruggedly built for reliable and comfortable outdoor operation. Water-proof to a depth of 33 feet;3 inch LCD display
  • 16 effective megapixel CMOS sensor ideal for low light shooting and fast operation,Zoom: Optical: 5x, Digital: 4x
  • Full HD (1080p) movie with stereo sound and movie-record button that enables one-touch recording (HDMI mini connector equipped)
  • Aperture: f/3.9 to f/4.8,Lens Focal Length : 5.0-25.0mm (angle of view equivalent to that of 28-140mm lens in 35mm (135) format)
  • Points of Interest (locations, landmarks, etc.) and location information (latitude and longitude) can be added to your photos

It comes with a GPS to track where you have been. I like it to track the locations of my hotspots and link em up to my google map. Not only that but the 16MP CMOS sensor is pretty awesome. I rigged up my kayak with the scotty arm extender and camera mount to take pics. Below are some of the pictures I took with the cell phone. I made sure to add a floating camera strap this time!!! At $6 why risk it again.


Weight: 9/10 (Super Light)
Speed:9/10 (takes pics very quickly)
Value: 8/10 (expensive but you pay for what you get)
Quality:8/10 (feels plasticky but solid)
Image Quality 9/10 (Excellent picture quality)


Overall This Camera is the real deal and I am highly satisfied. Links to it are above and on the pic below to get the best deals. 




Nikon Coolpix AW100

GPS Unit is located on top

Simple layout and easy to use

This is what the GPS mode looks like

GPS Option Menu

I made sure to add a floating camera strap this time!!!



2 comments:

  1. Really Good Review. You have me wanting to look at one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank You! I love this camera! Every picture in my blog has been taken with it! If you do get one I know you will like it!

    ReplyDelete