Sunday, April 7, 2013

Kayak Modifications

Today I spent a couple of hours to add some modifications to the yak. I wanted to add on 3 Scotty mounts and an anchor trolley but I lost my round drill bits. So I was only able to add on one Scotty mount next to my sonar shield.

Im going to be using his mount so I can either add my go pro or my water proof camera. It was a pain but I made sure to use plenty of Goop! It may not look pretty but I know there won't be a leak. Now that I added  that mount I can also use my Scotty Gear Head Mount Extender and Scotty Camera Mount.


I finished the Scotty mount and moved to make fix my depth finder cables. I picked a couple of self adhesive cable holders and some zip ties. I then made sure to keep the cables out of the way so when I put my Hawg Trough and Paddles in they wont get in the way. 
I made sure to securely fasten with the zip ties.

Here are the Clips to keep everything out of the way and to the side.


I then worked on my anchor trolley and used a kit that I got from Hook1. Its pretty simple, I used 2 bungee cords, 2 anchor ties, a length of line, plastic O ring and 2 clamps. Its pretty simple and didn't take to long. I then made sure to add Goop! and some Gorilla Glue to the knots so they wouldn't come undone.

One end I put in the middle of the Kayak.

I tied each end of the rope to the O ring so I can attach a carabiner to the ring that's attached to my anchor.

I add the other end to the bow of the kayak 

This is how it looked after I finished. Nothing to fancy but it works.

Overall it was a pretty simple process but just took awhile since I didn't have the tools needed. I made do with what I had. Hopefully this will help to add to a successful year of fishing.


No comments:

Post a Comment